The tasks STAR is expected to fulfil in accordance with the delivery and maintenance of the framework created by TRIG include:
- The establishment and maintenance of a register of firms that have committed to meeting the terms of the TRIG framework.
- The collection and reporting of management information in relation to firms’ adherence to the framework.
- The governance, maintenance and development of the framework standards.
- Liaison and accountability to regulators and other relevant stakeholders.
The CTHS Board remains accountable for this delivery, therefore any decisions that would require a change to those principles may be recommended by the STAR Steering Group but would require approval from the CTHS Board.
If you are a STAR member and would like to get involved with any of the STAR Groups, please get in touch at email@example.com.
STAR Working Groups
To create the SLAs, STAR operated four working groups, one in relation to each STAR membership category.
- ISA / GIA
- Personal Pension / SIPP / SSAS
- Occupational Pension
- Fund Manager / Transfer Agent
The working group objectives were to deliver:
- Industry agreed service level target timescales for the transfer/re-registration between proividers of in-scope transfers for each group;
- A list of steps where MI should be generated;
- Industry agreed standards for customer communication as part of the transfer/ re-registration process.
The outputs from the groups were:
- End to end process maps;
- Target SLAs;
- A list of reportable stop the clock events;
- Customer communication best practice standards;
- Risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies or change requests raised as required.
As the objectives and deliverables were met, those working groups are now closed.